Wednesday 10 September 2014

Dine @ Eighteen Chefs

I saw a new restaurant called Eighteen Chefs at Nex on last week & decided to try it with my friends yesterday.

I heard from my hubby that the boss was an ex-convict & employed waiters & waitresses who were jailed before. Pretty proud of what the boss has done. Frankly speaking, it's a rare case that employers will employ people who were jailed before. So, it's better to be your own boss! His great determination and courage really impressed me. Good job!

I am glad that they allow reservation as I always see long queue outside the restaurant. When I walked in, I was pretty surprised on the casual environment because the entrance looked beta! Also, most customers were students which I wonder why. Maybe students like this type of environment as it looks like an university canteen to me.

They have a procedure where you have to write your order on the order slip & then make payment at the cashier counter.

Most people said their baked rice was good but I ordered the baked pasta instead. They allow you to choose your own ingredients. So the 2nd ingredient onwards, there will be a price where you need to top up. There are three choices to add to your main course as a set meal so I chose the one with a drink & soup. We also ordered a snack platter with cheese sauce to share too.

Ice Lemon Tea

Mushroom Soup
                                                           Review: Taste was average. 

Snack Platter with Cheese Sauce
     Review: Portion was small for a cost of $14.90 & presentation was too messy.

Baked Pasta with Chicken Slices & Mushroom
                        Review: I chose the white sauce & it matched well with my pasta. 
                                                                 Taste was still not so bad.


23 Serangoon Central,
#01-57
Singapore 556083

Telephone: 6634 4642

No comments:

Post a Comment