Monday 11 August 2014

It Is Never Easy To Be A Mother

Sorry readers...my 1-year-old son had high fever on last week so I did not have time to update my blog.

He is fine now and I'm also back to work too.:)

Ever since I have become a mother, I feel that I will get emotional easily...simply can tear easily whenever I read any sad story on a particular child in FB or see any child who has health problems etc.

Whenever my son is sick, I will get paranoid easily. I have tried asking myself to be relaxed but I can't due to insufficient support given. My husband is forever busy in work & I am always the one who have to take leave & attend to my son immediately. Especially last week, it was my son's first time having high fever which hits 40 degree celsius. I received different advices whether to go KKH or not. Some said useless & some said go immediately. But ended up, I went and ya, there's nothing the doctor can do. They passed me fever syrup to feed my son & damp cloth to sponge my son. After that, I was told to go home & to monitor his temperature. When I reached home, I realised that my son was having difficulty in drinking water & suspected that the swallowing has actually caused pain to his throat. So, I brought him to the GP who he used to visit at night and the antibiotics worked on him. The virus at his throat, had actually led him to having high fever. His fever subsided quite fast after taking medicine & that peaced my mind after seeing that he was active again. Thank god!

My son got very cranky when he was sick & that will even make me more panicky. Because he can't talk & I wondered what discomfort he was having. He also tends to be very sticky & needs me to carry him at all times too. So, I can't do much stuff but to divert his attention with toys & books or to keep him company till he falls asleep then I can do my stuff. This was what my friends will encounter so I feel less tensed of my son's change of behavior.

The feeding of medicine, was a tedious task as he tends to struggle. However, after I fed him for a few times, he kind of got used to it & will cooperate with me.

I really feel happy that he has recovered though he is still on medication now (he has to complete the whole course of antibiotics).

After having him in my life, I really feel that he is already part of me. I really thank god for giving me such a great gift!

There is never ending of worrying for my son. Based on my character, I think I have to mingle more with other mummies so that I won't feel scared when I face a new situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment