Tuesday 12 August 2014

New Generation Kids vs Old Generation Kids

Sometimes I wonder....are the current batch of new generation of kids happier than my batch?

I realised that the technology has actually made the kids to be lazier. The games are more on sitting down instead of giving them a chance to move around. 

I am at my early 30s now and I recalled my childhood moments where my favourite games were Hopscotch & Zero Point. These games helped us to perspire & will not grow fatter if we are having a healthy diet as in no junk food like deep-fried food, tibits & cold drinks everyday.

But now, most parents introduce iPad & smart phones to their kids. This allows a high risk of getting myopia & will affect their development on learning. In what way? Kids will tend to lose focus on books where the pictures don't move at all. So, they got bored easily & will feel that iPad & smart phones are more fun. How to learn more things from these gadgets as compared to books? Do you want your child to wear specs at such an early age?

Hopscotch

Rubber bands to make into Zero Point rope

Zero Point

Also, I have been seeing more & more fatter kids nowadays because most parents gave them bubble tea, fast food & even baked cakes with alot of sweet cream that consists of a high amount of sugar & colourings for them. The frequency is like more than twice a month. I don't understand why the parents are so irresponsible for their kids' health since they are more educated now. I remember my mother controlled our diet till very strict. Even if I want to eat ice-cream, I still have to try my luck to ask in a begging tone. But nowadays, most kids can get it anytime they want.

Therefore, I really wish the government could hold more healthy & parenting compaigns to create awareness for the new batch of parents so that they can learn more & stop using the incorrect methods.



No comments:

Post a Comment