Monday 18 August 2014

Mummies Should Learn How to Relax~~

I realised that most mothers have changed alot after they gave birth. I am not talking about figure here, I am talking about mindset.

From the start, I never pamper my son and I don't let him stick to me at all times. Whenever he cries, I don't go to him immediately. When I walk to him, I will not carry him immediately because babies are smart. If we appear to be too anxious over their crying, they will take us for granted & will keep using this method to get our attention. So, I will talk to him first & slowly carry him. He will calm down after that.

In most mother's mind, it's always kids. They never have a chance to relax themselves. Chilling out, dining with friends? They will say "where got time?"

Sometimes, being too concentrated on taking care of kids might not be a good thing. Why? Because stress will increase due to too tired & caused frequent quarrels with your hubby. This is what had happened to people around me. Also, you can't get a chance to learn more things from other mothers. Yes, you can read it online but c'mon, you gotta give yourself a break! You can learn it at outside instead. Go out & breathe in some fresh air. To relax!~

To me, there's no such thing as in no time for yourself. Time can be arranged! Just like me. What I did was I will take a half-day leave to have a hi-tea session or lunch with my friend as I have to rush home after work everyday to take care of my son so that my mum can rest. I did it like once on every 2 months. Sometimes, I will go out on a Friday night at 10pm onwards as I need to ensure that my son has gone to bed & after that my hubby will take over. My son wakes up once for milk at night & will go back to bed. So my hubby can handle it. I will just go out for a 2-hr chilling session.

I went to Frienzie Bar on last Fri & ordered my favourite beer & chicken wings! This place served very nice dinner too & price is reasonable as well. It's a good place to dine & chill! 

Chillax-ing @ Frenzie Bar with Erdinger & chicken wings

So mummies, try to find time for yourself. You don't need to do it too often. But at least once in every 2-3 months. Just a few hours & it makes a big difference! :)

Frienzie Bar & Bistro
10 Tebing Lane, #01-02 (Punggol), 828836, Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment