Thursday 14 August 2014

Non-bake Blueberry Cheesecake In a Cup

As my cream cheese is going to be expired soon, I decided to bake some cheesecakes since I was on half day leave yesterday. All the while, I have only tried baking mini cheesecakes. So this time round, I would like to try something different! Thus, I went to google for the easiest recipe :P

After a few clicks, I found the following easy recipes for cheesecake & blueberry toppings.

Ingredients for Cheesecake
6 pieces McVitie's Digestive Biscuits
250g Philadelphia cream cheese
250g Enmi Greek Yogurt
5 tbsp castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method

1. Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have chunky crumbs. 
Divide between 6 glasses or small bowls. 

2. Beat the soft cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla together until smooth, then spoon over the crumbs and chill until you are ready to serve. I chilled for 5hrs for a better taste.

Ingredients for Blueberry Toppings
3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup water
½ cup sugar
1½ tablespoons cornstarch dissolved into 3 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon vanilla

Method 

1. Place 1½ cups blueberries in a small saucepan. Cover with water and add sugar. Heat over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a low boil and blueberries just start to break apart.

2. Add dissolved cornstarch to saucepan and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Turn heat down and simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired consistency. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, if the sauce gets too thick.

3. Remove from heat. Add remaining blueberries and stir gently. Cool it for 2hrs & chill it. 




Ta da! Here's my cheesecake! My hubby was pretty looking forward to try it.

After 5hrs, I served a cup to him & he said it's yummy! Super happy that my first attempt was a successful one! ^^

Peeps, give it try one day! This is really a super easy recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment