Tuesday 26 August 2014

Recipe for Baked Rice with Chicken & Mushrooms

As I am always alone at home with my son on every Sat because hubby needs to work till late night, I have to crack my brain hard & think of what to cook for myself in order not to eat the repeated food.

I'm super lazy to buy food from outside & Punggol doesn't seem to sell any nice food either so I actually prefer to cook it myself.

Last Sat, I decided to have baked rice as I think it's easy after I saw the recipe online.

I actually amended abit to make my cooking easier. Below are my edited version :)
You may give it a try! ^^

Baked Rice with Chicken & Mushrooms

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup uncooked rice (for 1 pax portion)
1/2 cup water to cook rice
3 garlic cloves
4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
80g chicken fillet
15g butter
1.5 tablespoon Alfredo Cheesy sauce
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Salt & Pepper

Method:
1. Wash the uncooked rice. Pour it into the rice cooker (rice & water). Add salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well.
2. In a heated saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sliced mushrooms and cut chicken pieces, stir-fry for a few minutes until the surface of the chicken pieces is white.
3. Transfer contents of pan to the rice cooker. Add the garlic cloves.
3. When the rice is cooked, fill the aluminum tray with rice & ingredients until about half the height of the dish.
4. Mix the Alfredo Cheesy sauce with abit of hot water & spread it on top of the rice (to make it less salty) and topped with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 20-25 minutes, or until all the cheese melted and is very slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment